Ng, C. W. W, Wang, Z. J., Leung, A. K and Ni, J. J. 2017. Effects of leaf and root characteristics on the ability of plant root water uptake. Geotechnique. Accepted.
- Leung, A. K., Boldrin, D., Liang, T., Wu, Z., Kamchoom, V., and Bengough, A. G. 2017. Plant age effects on soil infiltration rate during early plant establishment. Geotechnique. doi.org/10.1680/jgeot.17.T.037.
- Ni, J. J., Leung, A. K., and Ng, C. W. W. 2017. Modelling hydro-mechanical reinforcements of plants to slope stability. Computers and Geotechnics. 95, 99 – 109. Doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2017.09.001.
- Liang, T., Bengough, A. G., Knappett, J. A., Muir Wood, D., Loades, K. W., Hallett, P. D., Boldrin, D., Leung, A. K., and Meijer, G. J. 2017. Scaling of the reinforcement of soil slopes by living plants in a geotechnical centrifuge. Ecological Engineering. doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2017.06.067.
- Boldrin, D., Leung, A. K., Bengough, A. G. 2017. Root biomechanical properties during establishment of woody perennials. Ecological Engineering. doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2017.05.00
- Feng, S., Leung, A. K., Liu, H. W., and Ng, C. W. W. 2017. Theoretical analysis of coupled effects of microbe and root architectures on methane oxidation in landfill covers. Science of the Total Environment, 599 – 600: 1954 – 1964.
- Feng, S., Ng, C. W. W., Leung, A. K., and Liu, H. W. 2017. Numerical modelling of methane oxidation efficiency and coupled water-gas-hear reactive transfer in a sloping landfill cover. Waste Management, 68: 355 – 368.
- Boldrin, D., Leung, A.K., Bengough, A.G. 2017. Correlating hydromechanical properties of vegetated soil with plant functional traits. Plant and Soil. doi: 10.1007/s11104-017-3211-3.
- Shao, W., Ni, J., Leung, A. K., Su, Y and Ng, C. W. W. 2016. Analysis of plant-induced preferential flow and pore water pressure variations by a dual-permeability model. Canadian Geotechnical Journal. doi.org/10.1139/cgj-2016-0629.
- Xiao, M.Q., Leung, A.K., and Ng, C.W.W. 2016. Mechanisms of hydrogen sulfide removal by ground granulated blast furnace slag amended soil. Chemosphere. In press. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2017.02.016.
- Ni. J. J., Leung, A.K., and Ng, C.W.W. 2016. Investigation of plant growth and transpiration-induced suction under mixed grass-tree conditions. Canadian Geotechnical Journal. doi: 10.1139/cgj-2016-0226.
- Ng, C.W.W., Xiao, M.Q., and Leung, A.K. 2016. Removal of hydrogen sulfide using soil amended with ground granulated blast furnace slag. Journal of Environmental Engineering, ASCE. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)EE.1943-7870.0001206.
- Leung, A. K., Coo, J.L., Ng, C.W.W., and Chen, R. 2016. Reply to the Discussion submitted by Jian Liu, Gang Deng and Jia Xu of our published paper entitled, “New transient method for determining soil hydraulic conductivity function". Canadian Geotechnical Journal. : DOI: 10.1139/cgj-2016-0589.
- Leung, A.K., Kamchoom, V., and Ng, C.W.W. 2016. Influences of root-induced suction and root geometry on slope stability: a centrifuge study. Canadian Geotechnical Journal. 54(3): 291 – 303, doi: 10.1139/cgj-2015-0263.
- Ng, C.W.W., Leung, A.K., Yu, R., and Kamchoom, V. 2016. Hydrological effects of live poles on transient seepage in an unsaturated soil slope: Centrifuge and numerical study. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE. ISSN: 1090-0241. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001616, 04016106.
- Leung, A. K., Coo, J.L., Ng, C.W.W., and Chen, R. 2016. New transient method for determining soil hydraulic conductivity function. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 53(8): 1332 – 1345, DOI: 10.1139/cgj-2016-0113.
- C.W.W. Ng, Ni. J., Leung, A.K., and Wang, Z.J. 2016. A new and simple water retention model for root-permeated soils. Geotechnique Letters. DOI: 10.1680/jgele.15.00187.
- Ng, C.W.W., Garg, A., Leung, A.K. and Hau, B.C.H. 2015. Relationships between leaf and root area indices and soil suction induced during drying-wetting cycles. Ecological Engineering, 91, 113 – 118. Doi: 10.1016/j.ecoleng.2016.02.005
- Ng, C.W.W., Ni, J., Leung, A.K., Zhou, C., and Wang, Z.J. 2016. Effects of planting density on tree growth and induced suction. Geotechnique. 66(9): 711 – 724. doi.org/10.1680/jgeot.15.P.196
- Ng, C.W.W., Kamchoom, V., and Leung, A.K. 2015. Centrifuge modelling of the effects of root geometries on the transpiration-induced suction and stability of vegetated slopes. Landslides. In press. Published online on 19 Oct 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s10346-015-0645-7.
- Garg, A., Leung, A.K., and Ng, C.W.W. Transpiration reduction and root distribution functions for a non-crop species Schefflera heptaphylla. Catena, 135: 78 – 82. DOI: 10.1016/j.catena.2015.06.019.
- Ng, C.W.W., Zhou, C., and Leung A.K. Comparisons of different suction control techniques by water retention curves: Theoretical and experimental studies. Vadose Zone Journal, 14(9): DOI: 10.2136/vzj2015.01.0006
- Garg, A., Leung, A.K., Ng, C.W.W. 2015. Comparisons of suction induced by evapotranspiration and transpiration of S. heptaphylla. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 52(12): 2149 – 215. DOI: 10.1139/cgj-2014-0425.
- Leung, A.K., Garg, A, Ng, C.W.W. 2015. Effects of plant roots on soil-water retention and induced suction in vegetated soil. Engineering Geology, 193: 187 – 197. DOI:10.1016/j.enggeo.2015.04.017.
- Leung, A.K., and Ng, C.W.W. 2016. Field investigation of deformation characteristics and stress mobilisation in a soil slope. Landslides, 13(2): 229 – 240. DOI: 10.1007/s10346-015-0561-x
- Leung, A.K., Garg, A., Coo, J.L., Ng, C.W.W., and Hau, B.C.H. Effects of the roots of Cynodon dactylon and Schefflera heptaphylla on water infiltration rate and soil hydraulic conductivity. Hydrological Processes, 29(15): 3342 – 3354.
- Kamchoom, V., Leung, A.K., Ng, C.W.W. 2014. Effects of root geometry and transpiration on pull-out resistance. Geotechnique Letters, 4, 330-336. DOI 10.1680/geolett.14.00086.
- Leung, A.K. 2014. Grass evapotranspiration-induced suction in slope: Case study. Proc. of ICE – Environmental Geotechnics. Ahead of print. DOI: 10.1680/envgeo.14.00010
- Ng, C.W.W., Leung, A.K., Kamchoom, V., and Garg, A. 2014. A novel root system for simulating transpiration-induced soil suction in centrifuge. Geotechnical Testing Journal, ASTM, 37(5): 1 – 15.
- Ng, C.W.W., Leung, A.K., and Woon, K.X. 2014. Effect of soil density on grass-induced suction distributions in compacted soil subjected to rainfall. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 51(3): 311 – 321.
- Ng, C.W.W., Leung, A.K., Yip, F.H.T., and Kwok, S.S.K. 2014. Effects of stiffness nonlinearity on E’ standard penetration test N correlations for analysing wall deflections in Hong Kong excavations. HKIE Transactions, 21(1): 35 – 49.
- Leung, A.K., and Ng, C.W.W. 2013. Analysis of groundwater flow and plant evapotranspiration in a vegetated soil slope. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 50(12): 1204 – 1218.
- Leung, A.K., and Ng, C.W.W. 2013. Seasonal movement and groundwater flow mechanism in an unsaturated saprolitic hillslope, Landslides, 10(4): 455 – 467.
- Ng, C.W.W., Woon, K.X., Leung, A.K., and Chu, L.M. 2013. Experimental investigation of induced suction distributions in a grass-covered soil. Ecological Engineering, 52: 219 – 223.
- Ng, C.W.W., and Leung, A.K. 2012. Measurements of drying and wetting permeability functions using a new stress-controllable soil column. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 138(1): 58 – 65.
- Ng, C.W.W. and Leung, A.K. 2012. In situ and laboratory investigations of permeability function and SDSWCC from an unsaturated soil slope. Geotechnical Engineering Journal of the SEAGS & AGSSEA, 43(1): 26 – 39.
- Leung, A.K., Sun, H.W., Millis, S., Pappin, J.W., Ng, C.W.W. and Wong, H.N. 2011. Field monitoring of an unsaturated saprolitic hillslope. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 48(3): 339 – 353.
Ng, C.W.W., Wong, H.N., Tse Y.M., Pappin, J.W., Sun. H.W., Millis, S.W. and Leung, A.K. 2011. Field study of stress-dependent soil-water characteristic curves and hydraulic conductivity in a saprolitic slope. Geotechnique, 61(6): 511 – 521.